Thursday – August 31 – Today we headed for Ottawa and it was a pretty drive across Highway 7. The traffic wasn’t too bad so that was good. We saw Ikea on the way into Ottawa so I know where we are going to go one day!

We got set up at our park, Recreationland RV Park, which is located in Rockland, east of Ottawa and we are very pleased with the park, especially after the one in Lindsay. I must say the park in Lindsay was not great but we didn’t spend a lot of time there so not too much of a problem, but apparently the washrooms were deplorable – I heard and didn’t even want to check! This park is cheaper and has cable TV and free internet – HOORAY!! Now I can keep in touch plus get my blog up and running again. It’s a small world, the woman who checked us into the park saw John’s hat (Carl gave it to him the other night and it is from Sarnia) and said she was originally from Sarnia and it turns out she lived on Talfourd Street (the other end from us) and went to St. John’s Church (first thing she said was Cannon Bev Farr). So we went through some names but didn’t come up with much but I think she has about 10 years on me so I will have to think about this and see if I can come up with some more names. (Janet – any help for me?)

After we got set up we went into Rockland and got some groceries, so now we are all set for a few days.

No comments: