Monday – September 11 – Today was a beautiful sunny day but cool, the temperature never got over 18 but as long as the sun is shining we don’t mind the cool.

We decided to drive north on the south shore and what a beautiful drive along the St. Lawrence River with the river on one side and rolling farm land on the other side. The trees are starting to change so there was also some pretty colours. We went through numerous quaint little towns with big beautiful churches in the middle of town and you could see the spires a couple of miles away. There were some beautiful homes but not the big splashy ones like outside of Ottawa, and again a lot of them had the tin rooves and almost all the houses have porches. We made many stops and really enjoyed the day and scenery.

We stopped in Montmagny for lunch and I again had French Onion Soup (so did John) – might as well enjoy it while we are here! We have found all the people very good and helpful and almost all of them are bilingual so have not run into any language problems. The fellow we had for our waiter at lunch today was fairly good in English and we tried some French so had no problem and I think he appreciated us trying to use some French. Yesterday John had Poutinne for lunch – it doesn’t appeal to me but he enjoyed it, but today a couple of men beside us had Poutinne and it looked better there than what John had yesterday.

We came back to Levis and visited the motel with internet and again I managed to get my e-mail and post my blog. They are working on the internet here, could we be so lucky as to have it by tomorrow? Once I get it in the trailer I will post some pictures but it takes too long when I am sitting in a motel parking lot!

No comments: