Saturday - September 23 – I woke up during the night to heavy rain so was not surprised this morning when we were stuck in our spot and couldn’t get traction. Fortunately the fellow beside us had a tow line and 4x4 so gave us a pull out to solid ground.

We took the back roads to Lewiston and the bridge to Canada and it was a nice drive although not very sunny. I remember that when I was about 10 or so my grandparents, who lived on a yacht in Daytona, brought their home north for the summer and my parents, brother and I met them in Medina, NY and my mom, brother and I stayed on the boat till probably Lockport, where my father was waiting for us. I have a vague recollection of steering the boat through the Erie Canal but thought this might all be a figment of my imagination, but no, we went through Medina today and the canal is there so I was right in my rememberings. Art, do you remember this?

Anyways, we got back to Kincardine late this afternoon and are now installed in our seasonal home. Tonight it is pouring rain but hopefully tomorrow won’t be too bad as we have lots of cleaning to do. Being on the road is hard on the trailer, both inside and out. Once John downloads his pictures I hope to have some good ones to post on my blog, otherwise I will sign off until we are on the road again,

No comments: