Friday - July 20, 2007

Well, our luck ran out and did we get rain this morning, it poured all morning! It finally stopped shortly after noon so I went over and did some laundry, managed to sneak in between other people so I didn’t have to wait at all. It has also been very windy today, the river here is quite rough looking.


When I got through with the laundry we decided to take a drive into North Sydney and check the ferry dock out, there were two ferries in dock and lots of cars, trucks and RV’s waiting to board. We drove around North Sydney for a bit then drove over to Sydney and bonus – we got to see the Bluenose II. We were just driving along the waterfront and saw what at first we thought were two of the Tall Ships coming into the harbour but it turned out the first one in was the Bluenose II and the other was a tall ship - the Pride of Baltimore II. We got parked right where they tied up and got a good look at both of them, I was really happy as I had been quite disappointed when the Bluenose wasn’t at Lunenburg as I have always wanted to see it.


We took the back roads back to North Sydney and one of the ferries was gone and the parking lot was empty. We had no rain all the time we were gone so that was good as it looked like it had rained here again when we got back. I’m not sure but I think the barbequer could get wet tonight as well as having a challenge with the wind, I’m glad it was his decision to do a barbecue.


It sure is nice to have internet again and have e-mail, I have “talked” to all our children which is a bonus.

No comments: