Friday - August 17, 2007

This morning we woke up to rain, not just a gentle rain but a very heavy rain which lasted until early afternoon. We decided that this was an indoor dinner day so I put a pot roast in the slow cooker. Once the rain stopped we went and visited the Twillingate Museum, what a bargain for $1.00 each, it was very interesting with lots of tidbits about local history.

After the museum we drove along the shore back as far as the last causeway, we were surprised that there were houses all the way but no little communities per se - a pretty drive with an interesting shoreline. One thing we have noticed about Newfoundland is that the houses are all over the place, there is no obvious layout – it would be an Ontario planner’s nightmare here!!

When we got back we stopped at the library and I checked my e-mail and uploaded my blog then we went to the grocery store – all I can say is that I would go insane if this was the only grocery shopping place I had – Margie don’t complain about Kincardine!!!

We came back I did laundry – this was a real weird one where it was $2/load on the honour system, they were residential washers and dryers and there was a box to put your money in. After starting my laundry I discovered one washer didn’t agitate, (there were only two washers and dryers) so I had to wait for the one to do then pull the wet clothes out of the one that didn’t agitate and do them in the other one – thankfully it was the honour system so I didn’t lose any money, but it did take a lot longer to do the laundry, at least it is done for a while again. I was thankful that dinner was pretty well ready as it was after 7 p.m. when I got done doing laundry.

Here’s hoping that tomorrow will be a nice day.

No comments: