Saturday - August 11, 2007

The weather sure can change here, we woke up this morning to cloudy skies and a strong wind again. I needed to do laundry and I haven’t been able to update my blog all week so we decided to head to Rocky Harbour as there was no Laundromat in Port au Choix and no internet – it was a room with a view but no amenities! It was very cool this morning, only about 12 so when we stopped at Parsons Pond for lunch I put on a sweatshirt, then when we got to Rocky Harbour it was about 18 so off went the sweatshirt and back on a tee.

On the way to Rocky Harbour we drove into Cow Head and stopped at St. Mary’s Botanical Walk, which is a beautiful garden located next to the Anglican Church. I went into the church and it is very pretty, I wondered if there were any arguments as to who got to sit on the right side of the church so they could look out at the gardens! It certainly would be a pleasure to go to church there during the summer.

We got to Rocky Harbour about 3 and got set up then went into town and got fuel – it was cheaper here than in Port au Choix, and we also went to the harbour and bought some more salmon and halibut. When we got back I went and did laundry and while it was doing I got my blog updated as well as my banking, etc. The internet at the trailer is spotty but is fine up at the laundry so it helped pass the time while the laundry was being done.

By the time I got finished with the laundry it was 6:30 and just starting to rain. John barbecued and was lucky that it was just spitting as now it is pouring again. John isn’t complaining as he is hoping it will wash the salt spray off the trailer and truck! They are calling for sun tomorrow – we wonder what it will actually be like!

No comments: