Wednesday, - August 29, 2007

Well, we are now on the last leg of our trip to Newfoundland – we arrived in St. John’s this afternoon and will be here until next Wednesday when we head to Argentia to catch the ferry on Thursday morning.

Today was a gorgeous day and it is warming up – it was about mid 70’s today. At Outside Pond Park they have a boardwalk up a quite high hill with a gazebo and lookout at the top so we walked up there this morning (we were waiting for a really nice morning to do it). There are also a couple of other boardwalks, one to the lake and one to an island in the lake which has a gazebo on it. This park certainly is lovely and the boardwalks would have been quite an undertaking, I imagine they got big time provincial grants to do the park and boardwalks and it would be covered under the tourism industry, which I think is very big here.

The view was fantastic from the top of the hill and we could see the Hauser homes from there, they are perched on the edge of the cliff overlooking Trinity Bay – I bet they have a wonderful view! John saw a whale surface once but then we couldn’t see it again – darn.

We got away about 12:30 and had a good drive to St. John’s, it was only about 145 km so not too far. We got in and set up and all around us are Airstreams, I guess we finally caught up with the caravan that left from New Brunswick in early July. After we got set up I went down to pay and asked about wi-fi, the fellow said there is a communications centre in the park but I would need my visa card to use it but he also said the library is only a couple of blocks away. He gave me directions and a map to the library so I headed there and managed to get my blog updated and pictures posted. It took me well over an hour to do it as I hadn’t done it since last Friday but it is now done again.

Now that I know where the library is we can stop in there easily and try to keep up to date with the blog, that way it doesn’t take so long to do. John washed down the trailer and windows and cleaned the bathroom while I was gone and is now washing the truck – it certainly needed it. I checked the laundry here and it is $2.50 to wash and $2 to dry – seems quite pricey so I think I will check out a laundromat elsewhere and see what their prices are.

Now we hope this nice weather continues for us for the next week.

No comments: