Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Well, another few days have passed with nothing too exciting happening. On Sunday morning we went to Brownie’s for breakfast and ran into Birdie and Jean, a couple we know from Del Pueblo, so sat with them and had a good visit. They went to Alaska last summer so it was nice to hear about their trip and apparently they lucked out as last summer was the nicest one in Alaska for years.

After breakfast we went to a couple of stores, then Wal Mart, and lastly a visit at the market so we were shopped out. I got a few things that I wanted at the market so was happy to get that done.

On the way home we stopped by Yuma Palms RV Park to see if we could find Steve & Brenda and boy what a place that is. We had to stop at the gate and the guy couldn’t find their name anyplace so finally opened the gate so we could go into the office and check there. I went in and after a lot of horsing around the fellow in the office determined they weren’t home and when I asked if we could drive around the park I was told no, that isn’t allowed. The fellow at the office said that residents are required to register their guests with the guard on the gate before their arrival, no spur of the moment visits to someone at this park! Needless to say, we were not impressed with the park and certainly wouldn’t be looking for a place there! When we got home John sent Steve an e-mail telling him we had tried to see them.

Monday morning I was off to aquafit, it was about 63F when I went down to the pool and then about half way through the clouds came in and the wind shifted direction and it got downright cold – it wasn’t bad in the water but sure was cold when we got out. It was down to 57F by the time I got back home and that’s about where it stayed for the rest of the day. We also got a sprinkling of rain so not the greatest of days but then it is still a lot nicer than home where they got snow.

Monday afternoon we went into the office and talked to Dee about a site for next year and she gave us a listing of the few they have left and three of those still are iffy as the people have until the end of the month to renew. We walked around and picked out a site, hoping that the people wouldn’t come in at the last minute and renew.

I need some bar bells for the aquafit so on Tuesday morning I went over to Cactus Garden RV Park where I was told you could buy them but they are sold out for the year, darn. Yesterday afternoon we headed to Yuma Palms mall to see if I could get them at Sports Authority and they didn’t have them either so I think I am out of luck until next fall. Fortunately, there is an extra set in a locker by the pool so I will just have to get there early to make sure I can get them to use until I can get my own.

While at the mall I checked out Kohls and was disappointed that they didn’t have any good buys there, then we went to Target where I did pick up a couple of things that were a good price. We noticed there was a RV show going on at the mall so stopped and wandered through some trailer, boy there was nothing there I would trade my trailer for. I kept running into a couple of other women and they were moaning about how bad some of the layouts were, we figured the kitchens were designed by men who had never stepped into a kitchen in their lives, let alone made meals in one!!

Today was aquafit again and a much warmer day for it. We were just finishing lunch when Steve & Brenda pulled up but only had a quick visit as Brenda had a doctor’s appointment. They aren’t impressed with Yuma Palms RV Park and won’t be back there next year. They have invited us to a fish fry on Friday night so that should be fun.

Just as Steve & Brenda were leaving Dee (the park manager) came along to tell us the people on the spot we had picked for next year had just come in and renewed, so that was out for us, but there were four other spots available. I jumped on the golf cart with her and John got his bike and we looked at the sites and picked D9 so then I went back to the office and got the paperwork to fill out. Thankfully we have a spot as they are going fast and I imagine most of the parks are filling up quickly.

We are meeting Janet & Dave for dinner at Texas Roadhouse so I had best get myself moving and ready to go.

And so ends a few more great gifts of days and we look forward to more wonderful days here in Yuma.

No comments: