Monday – September 4 – Today was a dreary day but at least it didn’t rain and was a bit warmer than yesterday.
I did laundry this morning and the rest of the day has been relaxing and quiet – a good reading day. We figured it would be a good to stay off the roads as they will probably be busy today so a good day to relax. With the dreary weather I felt some comfort food would be in order so put some spaghetti sauce on in the slow cooker and it was really good. I would have liked to do that yesterday but don’t like to leave for the whole day and have the slow cooker on as it is one that I bought last winter and it seems to cook quite a bit faster than the one I have at home so I like to be around to check on it.

My Verizon phone isn’t working the greatest here but I have managed to talked to my mother, the kids and our friends Mike and Marg so can’t complain. John said when we were eating dinner tonight that this will be the first time we have stayed on in the trailer after Labour Day, other than weekends. At first I thought I might have stayed last year then remembered that I was having radiation all through September so this is a first for us.

Now we are hoping the weather will clear up a bit and will be nice for the next couple of days and on into when we go to Quebec City on Thursday.

No comments: