Sunday – September 3 – Today we did the Museum of Civilization. When we got there the parking lot was full but we found a lot about a block away which was $3 for the day. A good price but you had to have the right change, which we didn’t – we had 2 toonies and no loonies. I found someone who could give me change then went to stand in line to get the ticket and just as I got to the machine a woman came along and gave me her ticket as they were leaving. I offered her the $3 but she wouldn’t take it, very nice of her.

We found out why she was leaving when we got into the museum, it took us about 45 minutes to buy our tickets! I thought great, this will be a zoo but much to our surprise it wasn’t too crowded touring the museum. We bought tickets for the 6 p.m. showing of Kilimanjaro so it was almost 8 p.m. when we got home. We enjoyed the museum and especially the Canada – 1000 years display and the totem poles are wonderful.

There was a reception on the first floor after the museum closed so they were setting up all afternoon. I think perhaps it was a wedding reception but whatever it was set up for at least 300 guests. We saw some gals who looked like they were bridesmaids so that is why I am guessing a wedding. There was a huge stage set up that looked like it was for a live band – a very impressive affair whatever it was! There were also little tables set up throughout the museum with trays of glasses so don’t know if that was part of the first floor reception or a separate one.

I didn’t take any pictures today as we didn’t take our cameras, most museums don’t let you take pictures but guess this one does as there were lots of people with cameras. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments: