Monday - March 5 - Today was very warm, up in the 80’s. This morning I made dentist appointments for John and I, an appointment for my two year check up on my hip and asked my surgeon’s office to make an appointment for my mammogram. Sure is a busy few weeks when we get back! We then did a major clean so it was around 1 before we were finished.

About 2:30 I went down to the pool, had a couple of swims and sat in the hot tub for a bit. I was going to read but ended up chatting to various people instead, and so the time goes. I talked to a fellow from Calgary who is originally from Goderich and whose brother lives in Kitchener - small world.

We were reading the Record and Sun and looking at the CBC News and saw what the weather at home is like - we sure are glad we are down here. I have never heard of highways and streets around the CN Tower and downtown Toronto buildings being closed due to ice chunks flying off the rooves. There was also a 70 car pileup on the 400 around the Alliston exit - sure do miss all that stuff!! Thanks Kel for reminding us what we are missing.

No comments: