Sunday, January 18, 2009

Well today was nice but there were clouds in the sky, oh dear, we haven’t seen those in a long time, still it was a nice warm day with a bit of a wind, at least this time it was a warm wind!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had a real grrrr moment. Before we left Ontario in November I had picked up two new sleeves for my lymphedema as you are supposed to change them every 4 to 6 months, so on Thursday I started one of the new sleeves (as it turns out it was the one I tried on when I picked them up) and then yesterday I opened the second one and lo and behold it was a glove, not a sleeve – NOT GOOD!! I sent an e-mail to the gal at Shoppers where I got them and have asked her to get me another sleeve and have it mailed to me here as I have paid for it and really need it, hopefully she can do that and I am hoping to get a reply from her tomorrow as I know she doesn’t work weekends.

We went out for breakfast/brunch again and today tried Brownie’s Café, it was good and we would go there again for breakfast or lunch but not dinner – no ambience!

After Brownie”s we were driving down 4th Ave. when I saw a Goodwill store so asked John to pull in as I had a few things to drop off, then John wanted to go in and wander around – nothing caught my attention but he bought a modem for $2, don’t know what we are going to do with it but now we have it! From there we went to Home Depot to get a couple of bolts to hold down the phone antenna better then stopped at Circuit City - they have filed for bankruptcy so we decided to see if there were any deals to be had – wishful thinking!!I

When we got back I talked to Kel and Cara (I had talked to Nan this morning) then I went outside to sit and read. Leslie & Garry came over so we ended having a drink and visit with them, nice. They are leaving tomorrow for a couple of days, going to stop at Quartzsite then on to Laughlin for a couple of nights. Garry said his friend had been looking at our old satellite stand so John said $15 and it could be his so Garry called his friend and the stand is now his, an easy way to get rid of it!!

Tonight was not much for dinner – soup but that was enough after a large breakfast at midday. And so ends another great gift of a day in the sunny south and we look forward to another good day tomorrow.

No comments: