Thursday, January 22, 2009

We woke up to sunshine this morning which was a surprise as they had been forecasting an overcast day with a chance of rain, thankfully they were wrong.

Steve & Brenda picked us up this morning for a trip to Quartzsite, they have never been there before so we asked them if they would like to go with us. That was fine but Steve said he would drive so we picked up lunch in exchange for the free ride! We were surprised that there was no line up to get into town, other years we have hit stop and go traffic for about the last mile into town but today we drove right in, finding a parking spot was another issue but we finally did find one.

We split up, guys one way gals the other, then met up after about an hour to head for the big tent and find something for lunch. After getting our tummies filled up we headed into the big tent to check it out, I bought a couple of little things but nothing too exciting, Steve ended up finding himself a job for the summer – he and Brenda will be camp hosts at a state park in Oregon for July & August, we are real happy for them as it sounds like it is exactly the kind of job they were looking for.

While Steve was doing the job thing in the big tent John checked out the place where we bought our dash cover last year and got one for Mike & Margie, I am sure they will be happy that we were able to find one for them as they really liked ours and hoped we could get one for them this year. While all this was happening Brenda and I enjoyed a dish of homemade ice cream and then I just sat and people watched while she went back to stay with Steve and hear about what they will be doing during the summer.

By the time Steve got done it was after 4:30 and time to hit the road for home, we got back to Yuma about 6:30 after a fun day in Quartzsite. We had a couple of rain drops on the way home, sure hope that is all the rain we will see. We were surprised at how green the dessert was today, I guess it is from the big rain they had in November but it is greener than we have ever seen. I had asked John to grab my camera but that didn’t happen so unfortunately I have no pictures from today.

John and I had a chicken burger for dinner and now it is time for TV or reading – it depends if there is anything worth watching on TV. And so ends another great gift of a day in the sunny south and we look forward to another good day tomorrow

No comments: