Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yesterday was another great day here in the sunny south although we didn’t do a lot. I wanted to see if they still had the croc sandals on sale at Sports Authority, I got a pair about a month ago and they are so comfortable I thought I would get another pair, luckily they still had a pair my size left and they were still on sale.

It was VERY HOT, with temperatures in the 90’s and I just don’t function when it is that hot so I didn’t accomplish a lot.

I woke up during the night with a sore throat so knew I was probably in for a good cold and I wasn’t wrong. I got up this morning with a sore throat and stuffed head and feeling just plain lousy. Yesterday I was worried I was getting a tooth ache but this morning they all ache so guess it is my sinuses – you see there is always a bright side to everything!

Again, the weather was the same as yesterday and it is supposed to be the same tomorrow then start cooling down a bit, sure hope so. I did laundry today, lucked out and had the whole place to myself for a while so that was good. Yesterday Irma, next door, said she had a load of clothes for John to do and they had gone over about noon and it was a zoo, so after John helped me take my laundry in I told him to stop and tell Irma the place was deserted. Next thing I knew her John had arrived with his load of laundry so we sat and talked while it was washing so that helped pass the time.

Between the heat and my cold I was feeling rotten when I got back so I had myself a nap then got up and went down to the pool to cool off and felt much better after my swim. When I came back we sat out for a bit but the bugs were so bad we came in. I don’t know for sure what they are, some sort of gnat I think, but they are real pesky from about 4:30 to 6:30, they don’t bite but are just all over you. Anyways, we came in and turned on the a/c for a bit – that’s a first for this year as we hate having to close up the whole trailer to run it, still it cooled the inside off nicely and faster than the cooler night air would have.

One of the things we always liked about Yuma was the lack of bugs but this year these little gnats, or whatever they are, have been quite plentiful for about the last month. I don’t know if it is because it was so wet here in the fall or what but they are a real pain, but at least they don’t bite.

I am watching Obama on Jay Lenno then it is off to bed and hopefully I will wake up in the morning cold free – LOL!

As always, yesterday and today were great gifts of a day in the sunny south, even if it was so hot, and we look forward to another good day tomorrow.

No comments: