Monday, April 13, 2009

This morning was kind of cloudy but then the sun came out and it turned into another hot, humid Louisiana day.

This morning Ginny & I went to Burke’s Outlet, someone the other day at Happy Hour had said that Monday’s are Seniors day with 15% off so Ginny & I thought it sounded like our type of shopping – LOL!! As it turns out as soon as I walked through the door I said to Ginny that it looked like a Beall’s outlet, only this one turned out to have nicer stuff than Beall’s in Yuma. To make a long story short, when we were checking out I had to get a Burke’s card to get the 15% off but I could use my Beall’s punch card (which just happened to be full!) so I ended up with 35% off my purchases – and remember they are already discounted, so I was a very happy camper!!

We came back to the park and after a quick lunch the four of us headed to Avery Island, home of McIlhenny Tabasco Sauce, where we got a tour of the plant where they make the sauce and then visited their store where we could taste some of their other products– most interesting – they even had ice cream with jalepno sauce and an icecram that was hot & spciy! There is also a jungle garden there which we would have liked to tour but it was too late by the time we finished with the store (too much time spent sampling!!).

Entrance to the Plant for Our Tour





The Assembly Line



Peppers ready to be put in the barrelsl where they will be stored to ferment for 3 years



Fermenting Barrel



Ginny & I had fun watching these guys stalking each other and having a bit of a tiff when we were on our way into the Country Store.







Light Fixture In Store Made of Tabasco Bottles



And For Those Who Really Like the Sauce It Comes in Gallon Jugs



On the way home we stopped at Wally World in New Iberia where we picked up some stuff (like over $100 worth!!!) then came on home.

When we got back John barbecued a steak for dinner - yummy!! Now it will be bed time, as soon as I get this done as we have another interesting day scheduled for tomorrow.

As always, today was another great gift of a day in the sunny south and we look forward to another good day tomorrow.

No comments: