Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today was another wet, dreary day with an occasional ray of sunshine.

Janet picked me up about 10:30 as there was a Saturday market in town that she thought we might enjoy, alas, we got there and found it was cancelled because of a curling bonspiel. Oh well, another time maybe.

She drove me around town a bit showing me the highlights of Qualicum Beach and then we went to the local grocery store, Qualicum Foods for a coffee. They have a second floor with a coffee place and nice comfy seats so we had a coffee and split a to die for raspberry scone and did the usual - chatting. We wandered around the upstairs for a bit checking out their goods, they had all kinds of neat stuff from kitchen to bath and everything in between, but the prices were astronomical, certainly not in my price range! We then went across the street to a store with lots of different artisans and again some neat stuff but I didn’t see anything that made me want to part with my money. Janet had to go home and walk the dogs so dropped me off about 2:30.

Meanwhile, John & Dave had gone out, we needed propane and I wanted some fish from the local fish market so they had gone off to do that. I was surprised that John wasn’t home when I got back and even more surprised that he didn’t get back until about 4:30. Turns out they were all over the place, including Nanaimo so they also had a good day.

We met Janet & Dave at a restaurant down the road for dinner and Dave’s brother and sister-in-law also joined us. They live in Vancouver, but have a place on Galiano Island as well as a cottage between here and Nanaimo and were at the cottage for the weekend, John and Dave had stopped to see them at the cottage but they weren’t home.

I have started a good book so I will be spending the rest of the evening reading. And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to another nice day tomorrow.

1 comment:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Do you find most things more expensive on the island than they are on the mainland?