Monday, December 6, 2009

Well, our last day here in Lincoln City OR has been a very cold one – I think the high today was just 0C (32F) and the temperature now is a frigid -5C (23F) – brrrrr!!!!

We went out for a bit this afternoon, we drove down to the Siletz River and walked for a bit but it was just too cold to stay out for too long. When we left I didn’t take my camera, hence no pictures today. There were a few hardy souls fishing along the shore and one small boat out in the river - I can only think that they were all freezing and I just couldn’t see the icicles hanging off them! We also stopped at the beach in Lincoln City – there was no one walking there today but we could see one fishing boat out bobbing around on the water, I have to believe that it would be REALLY COLD out there.

When we got back John decided to hook up the trailer as although it was cold we figured it was still warmer than it would be in the morning. While he was doing that I kept warm inside and chatted on Skype with my brother in Australia, he said it was 30C there and I replied that it was the same here but only in farenheit. He said it was very hot and humid so I’m not sure which weather I would like to have but somehow the cold is winning out as you can always keep warm but sometimes with the heat and humidity it is impossible to get cool!!!

It wasn’t an exciting day but it was also not a day for doing a lot of ourdoor stuff, hopefully it will warm up in the next couple of days. We have had nights this cold in New Mexico but I don’t think we have had days as cold as this since we have been on the road – guess there is a first for everything.

And so ends another great gift of a day here on the Oregon Coast and we look forward to another nice, but hopefully warmer, day tomorrow.

No comments: