Thursday, April 8, 2010

We woke up this morning in Deming to a temperature of 38F (4C), that sure isn’t something we have been used to lately!! Needless to say the furnace came on real fast and we were toasty warm in no time.

Our Site at Deming


We were on the road shortly after 9 a.m. and stopped for diesel in Deming – it was $3.199/gallon – GULP!! We stopped at a rest area just west of Las Cruces and I took a few pictures of Las Cruces in the valley below and one of the Roadrunner at the rest area and a sign there (just for you Margie!).







El Paso TX was the usual horrid drive with heavy traffic for the 20 miles through the city, man, I hate going through there and heaved a sigh of relief when we had cleared it. From there to Fort Stockton was a long, boring drive with little traffic, the long and boring gets to you after a while but I sure do like the little traffic bit. We stopped just east of Van Horn for fuel and it was $3.019/gallon, much better than this morning, and I hope it gets cheaper as we head east.

South West Texas


We lost another hour today, yesterday we lost the hour because Arizona is one of the few states that doesn’t do DST so when we crossed into New Mexico we were on DST and then today, about 135 miles east of El Paso, we crossed into the Central Time Zone, hence another hour lost. I think it will take a few days to get our bodies used to this!

Tonight we are at Fort Stockton RV Park and have just come back from having a delicious rib dinner at the Roadrunner Café here in the park. We found this gem a few years ago and always make a point of stopping here if we are in the area as the dinner is delicious and the cost, including desert, a bottle of wine and the tip was $30 – a great deal. Right now I can’t get the internet, hopefully I will be able to get on later but if not I will have to wait until tomorrow to post this. I was on for a few minutes and downloaded my e-mail and even sent one but since then I can’t get a thing – oh well, I have a good book to pass the evening with since we can’t pick up any TV channels either. Guess this is what you get when stopping in the middle of nowhere Texas!!

Our Site at Fort Stockton RV Park


And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to another great day tomorrow.

No comments: