Monday, July 26, 2010

We are so lucky with the weather as today was another gorgeous, sunny day although it was hotter than I like but guess that is better than freezing cold and wet.

We had breakfast at the hotel as it is included in the price, then headed out for a day of touring. Our first stop was the Lighthouse Shop where we enjoyed browsing through the store and, good heavens, we all found a couple of things that we just couldn’t live without purchasing!! We then drove to Kennebunkport where we admired all the gorgeous houses and got our first glimpse of the ocean. We found a parking spot and walked a bit along the waterfront where we took some pictures and drank in the scenery.


We toured in a southerly direction along the coast enjoying the scenery, even though there were throngs of other tourists doing the same thing – imagine that at this time of year!! We eventually arrived at Perkins Cove, a small community along the coast with the usual tourist shops, and gorgeous scenery. We parked the car a couple of blocks away from the tourist stuff (the only place we could find a parking spot!) then walked down into the cove. There is a pretty walkway along the ocean, Marginal Way, and we enjoyed the walk along it and the scenery.

Views from Marginal Way

We returned to the cove where we had a delicious lunch on a covered patio looking over the ocean, then wandered through some shops in the cove and took pictures. I managed to hold onto my money while wandering the stores there but a couple of our group managed to find something that sparked their attention.

Perkins Cove

We came back to our hotel, relaxed for a few minutes then headed to Pine Beach at Old Orchard Beach. The tide was out when we got there so it looked kind of yucky with the seaweed on the beach but we all went down and waded in the ocean for a bit, but Pat was the only truly brave one who actually went for a swim. She and Kelly then walked further down the beach while Nan and I just sat and enjoyed the scenery and watched our belongings.

It was about 8 when we got back to the hotel so we ordered a pizza to be delivered for dinner and it was delicious. We have had a brief chat on Skype with Art in Australia and I am now trying to get this done before I crash.

And so ends a great gift of a day and we look forward to another great day tomorrow.

No comments: