Sunday, July 25, 2010

This morning I woke up to comments about how loud I was last night, my sister & Kel both seem to think I was doing some serious snoring but Nan said she didn’t hear a thing so I am taking her word and not believing the other two – tee, hee! (I couldn’t figure out when I woke up about 5:30 why Pat had a pillow over her head but didn’t think too hard about it!!). Anyways, I have never laughed so much first thing in the morning and I have promised them I will try to do better tonight and be much quieter.

Nan & Kel Loading the Car this Morning


We were on the road by 9:15 and it took us 9 hours to drive 300 km, needless to say we did some stops along the way. The drive through the White Mountains in New Hampshire was beautiful and we stopped in the Franconia Notch National Forest and walked to The Basin, what a pretty walk and so nice in the woods. The Basin was very interesting and it was so tempting to just jump in the water and cool off! Of course it is all posted “No Swimming”.

Pictures from The Basin Walk






The Basin


Views of the White Mountains




We went to North Conway in New Hampshire and had lunch and spent a couple of hours shopping at the outlet mall there as well as a stop at the L. L. Bean outlet. We all found some good bargains so it was a very profitable stop for us. On Kel’s recommendation we went to the Christmas Tree Shop, which is like a dollar store and again found some bargains there. I have never seen or heard of the Christmas Tree Stores but will stop again if I ever come across another one in our travels.

After a very scenic drive on the back roads of New Hampshire & Maine we arrived at our hotel, Comfort Suites in Biddeford Maine about 6:15 and got checked in then headed out to find something for dinner. We ended up at Applebee’s where we had a great dinner for a great price, I was the only one who has been to Applebee’s but now they all say they will go again as we really enjoyed it.

After dinner we walked over to Kohl’s for a quick look around – no spending there, then stopped at Target where there were a couple of items bought. Then it was back to the hotel to finish unpacking etc., get caught up on e-mails and I want to get this done before going to bed, which will be soon as I am wiped.

And so ends a great gift of a day and we look forward to another great day tomorrow.

1 comment:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

What fun! Glad to hear from you. Sounds like a great trip with the ladies!