Thursday – January 18 – Today was another nice day but still kind of cool. We picked Janet & Dave up about 9 and went to Mexico. It was a couple of hours to get our glasses, then it ended up that one of the lenses on my sun glasses broke so now it’s back next week to get them. I also think that one lens on the glasses I got today isn’t right so will have to have that checked next week also.

The line coming back wasn’t as bad as last week then all of a sudden they announced that people with passports were to go to another door – sure made it quick for us when they did that! We went back to Janet & Dave’s for a late lunch and got home shortly after 5. We stopped on the way home and I got an appointment for 6:15 to get my hair cut so went back and got that done – one less thing to worry about doing tomorrow.

I had an e-mail this morning from a couple we know from Can-Am who were leaving Donna Texas on Monday and heading for Arizona. They got to Boerne, which is about 40 miles east of San Antonio, and are storm stayed there with 20 degree temperatures and two days of freezing rain. They have now decided to head back to the Rio Grande area of Texas and pass on Arizona for this year. We are disappointed that we won’t be seeing them but I can’t blame them, the weather in Texas has been really bad this year but I guess the Rio Grande area isn’t as bad as further north. Hopefully the normal Arizona weather will return soon!

No comments: