Sunday - December 28, 2008

Today the weather did improve, it wasn’t as windy and a bit warmer, so we were much happier! Today we have been thinking of Ron & Dee and hope they got safely on the road for their trip to points south and hope Mike & Margie had a safe trip to Florida!

I called Nan about 1:30 Toronto time as she was having the family Christmas dinner today and I thought everyone would be there by then but it turned out that only Kel & her family were there so I had a nice chat with both the girls. Nan was saying that they were experiencing terrible winds and a lot of houses were without power, she was just hoping that they would keep their power when she was having 16 people for dinner - can’t say I blame her for that. I talked to her a while ago and somehow they lucked out, she said all the streets around them had their hydro out and the street behind them was still all dark, but somehow they managed to miss it all and kept their power – talk about lucky. I just talked to my sister and she said they had a good time and the drive home from Nan’s was a lot better than the drive over as the wind had died down going home. We sure wish we could have joined them for this family day but on the other hand we do like the weather here far better than there!

We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast then went across the road to Yuma Palms Mall as I wanted to return some steak knives to Target. Last week I had bought four Henkel steak knives but when I got them home I discovered the handles were of some sort of rubber material – yuk, so I took them back and got a refund then found the ones I had been looking for with real wood handles – they didn’t have them last week but did today so I am now happy.

From there we went to the Yuma market and checked out a reverse osmosis water system, they seem expensive so will have to really think on this one. I got a sweat shirt and some t-shirts for next summer – big deal. From there we took a tour through Crossroads RV Park – not impressed as it is pretty well all park models, then we went over and looked up Don at Mountain Cactus Park. Had a nice visit with him then headed off to Fry’s and Wal Mart to pick up a few groceries.

By the time we got home it was dinner time – I sure don’t know where the day goes! Tonight will be a bit of TV and early to bed as I didn’t sleep real good last night. And so ends another great gift of a day, quiet, but enjoyable in the sunny south.

No comments: