Thursday - December 4, 2008

This morning it was pretty overcast and cool but it did get sunny by about 11 a.m. and we had temperatures in the mid 70’s – sure do like that.

I forgot to mention yesterday that John filled the truck at $2.169/gal for diesel – sure do like that price!

John again spent the day washing and cleaning the outside, the truck is now nice and clean, the trailer is clean and shiny and WE CAN SEE OUT THE WINDOWS! I got out the crystals and the Christmas decorations as well as sorting out my clothes so I can get the winter clothing put away for a few months.

I walked over to the office about noon to get some quarters for laundry and mail a couple of cards then walked by the laundry room and lo and behold it was pretty quiet so I came back and got the laundry loaded up and headed over. I got there just before it got busy again so was lucky to get it done so early as last year I usually went around 4:30 when it was quiet. It is $0.75/load to wash and $1.00 to dry – a good deal I think. I enjoyed sitting in the sun with my book while doing the laundry, such a tough life.

I took a few pictures on my walk today:

Main Lap Pool



Volleyball Court



Tennis Courts



Neighborhood Centre and Small Pool





Our Trailer



Two days here and I am totally frustrated with their internet as sometimes it works fine then other times it is as slow as molasses in January, so about 3 o’clock we headed over to Time Warner to sign up for their internet again this year. We were really surprised when we walked in and got waited on right away as usually there is a long line of people waiting to get served, so John is now in the process of trying to get it all set up again. It is a good deal at $29.95/month (no taxes) and works really well (or at least it did last year). On the way home we made a quick stop at Wal Mart for a couple of items I forgot to get yesterday.

It is time to think about starting dinner, so I had best get at it. And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to tomorrow although we have no great plans, will just see how the day unfolds.

No comments: