Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Okay, this weather is absolutely wonderful, keep it coming please – my apologies to all of you back home as I know you are enduring another cold snap!

Today we decided to check out the downtown market, every Tuesday they close off a block of the main street in downtown Yuma and have a market, lots of vendors selling jewelry, t-shirts, fruits, veggies etc. We wandered around the market then went down one of the side streets and wandered around a couple of stores, including an antique, collectibles place but in the end bought some veggies and that was it – the last of the big time spenders!

When we got back we stopped at Steve & Brenda’s so I could meet their new dog, Peppy. He is a Papillon and is a year old, his name was Pappy and they didn’t want to stray too far from that name hence Peppy, he is real cute and now they are trying to train him not to bark when other dogs go by etc. I felt bad about not being able to pet him but I didn’t want to take a chance on an allergic reaction so just enjoyed seeing him without touching.

When we got home I went down and did the treadmill for a half hour and then the bike, I will work my time up slowly as I don’t want to overdo it. It was interesting as when I was walking down to the gym my hip was kind of sore but it didn’t bother me at all on the treadmill so that was good. On the way home I stopped and talked to a couple from Windsor who just arrived a couple of days ago, they were saying they went to Mexico today and it was a 2 hour wait to come back so guess the lineups are back. John & Irma went today and had their satellite dish painted there, it looks nice but will go over tomorrow and check it out better. While I was doing the treadmill John went for his bike ride, and suddenly the day is done!

And so ends another great gift of a day in the sunny south and we look forward to another good day tomorrow.

No comments: