Thursday, April 2, 2009

I had trouble sleeping last night so the last time I looked at the clock it was 2 a.m. and sometime after that I awoke to the sound of heavy rain and thunder – not my favourite sound in the middle of the night!!

This morning when we got up it was sunny but the wind was HOWLING and BLOWING like you wouldn’t believe, not pretty!! We debated about leaving and kept procrastinating but about 9:30 John went out to get ready to go and once outside he realized how bad it really was so we finally decided to just stay put for the day. While he went over to the office to pay for another night I called the park at Livingston Lake and told them we wouldn’t arrive until Friday. The couple beside us decided to leave about 10 and we wonder how far they got as shortly after they left a couple of motor homes came in and the one that took the spot beside us said he had been on the road for ½ hour and that was enough for him, this made us really glad we had decided to stay put for the day.

About 11 we headed out to find Wal Mart and HEB (HEB is the major grocery store in Texas) and a gas station. We found HEB and picked up some groceries there, went to Valero and fed the truck at a price of $2.099/gal. for diesel then to Subway for lunch. From there we went to Wal Mart and then home where I loaded up the laundry and headed to the laundromat.

The laundromat here in the park was really nice and I had it to myself and bonus, it was attached to the rec hall which was really nice and they had a nice lounge with very comfortable chairs so I settled in there while the washing was doing – tough!

While I was gone John oiled the hitch and did more work on securing the awning and then when I got back he got us hooked up so we are pretty well ready to go in the morning.

This morning I put spagetti sauce in the slow cooker so tonight was a comfort food night. Now it is time for a bit of TV or reading and we are hoping tomorrow will be a much quieter day weather wise. I think the high was around 69F today but the wind was cold so it certainly didn’t feel anywhere near that!

As always, today was another great gift of a day in the sunny, but very windy, south and we look forward to another good day tomorrow.

No comments: