Monday, September 28, 2009

Boy, last night we were back to frigid temperatures – the low was 30F (-1C) so it was pretty chilly when we got up this morning. When we were ready to leave at 8:30 a.m. it was only 38F (3C) so I thought I was looking quite optimistic in my capris, t-shirt and fleece jacket but then I noticed a lady from a motor home out getting ready to go and she was in shorts and a t-shirt so I figured I wasn’t the only optimist.

It turned into a beautiful day and when we arrived at the park in Gardiner MT the temperature was 83F (28C) so I was glad I had put on the capris and t-shirt, we even had the a/c on in the truck for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

The drive today was pretty with mountains off in the distance and most of the day we followed the Yellowstone River- it is the longest undamned river in the US.

Pictures from Today's Drive















We are now set up at Rocky Mountain Campground



and ready to head into Yellowstone National Park in the morning, hopefully it will be a nice day. There is a portion of road closed until next spring for reconstruction and the road to Old Faithful is closed due to a fire but with luck it will be open tomorrow or the next day – only time will tell I guess, but, we would be really disappointed not to be able to see it. If we can’t get through tomorrow there is still a loop to do that the fellow here at the park said would take us about 6 hours so we are looking forward to a nice day and hopefully lots of wildlife.

After we got set up we went into town and got fuel and a couple of groceries then came back and sat outside enjoying the nice weather with a cold drink.

Dinner is now over, the cleanup is done and it soon will be time to head off to bed, for some reason driving days are always tiring and I don’t even do the driving!! And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to another nice day tomorrow.

No comments: