Friday, October 2, 2009

Today was a pretty quiet day. The weather was nice, not real hot but not real cold either – I didn’t check the temperature on the truck so don’t know what we had for a high. Yesterday we actually had a high in the low 60’s in the mid afternoon when we were out of the high elevations.

We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast then headed to Wal Mart as the truck was in need of an oil change. Of course, I managed to shop while the truck was being done – LOL! After we finally got done at Wal Mart (with our bank account much lighter) we went to Best Buy and I bought a new vacuum as the one I have in the trailer was on its last legs. We stopped at a RV place to get a connection for the new sewer hose John got at Wal Mart, then a stop to give the truck a drink and it was time to head home.

When we got back John hooked us up so we are ready to head out in the morning and I put groceries etc. away and tried out the new vacuum. I also put some capris and shorts into a storage box as I don’t think I will be needing them for quite a while to come, - I would be real happy to be proven wrong but somehow don’t think that will happen.

I didn’t take my camera today so there are no pictures.

We considered going to Glacier National Park, which is directly north of where we are, but it is pretty well closed for the season and the Going-to-the-Sun Road is closed at the top, which would be the nicest part to see, so we decided to forgo that also.

Looking at the weather forecast it looks like it will be a cool, wet weekend at home, so we don’t mind not being there.

John is just going to go out and barbecue burgers for dinner and we are looking forward to a quiet evening. And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to another nice day tomorrow.

No comments: