Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween! Today was a gorgeous, warm, sunny day – wow, did we like that! Here are some pictures I took on the way to Janet & Dave's and of their house.

Our Site at Riverside Resort


Looking Back Towards the Park


Looking out to the Gulf Islands


Janet & Dave's House & Garden




We picked up Janet & Dave about 11:30 and went into Nanaimo, we were meeting our friend Janet J. at Costco about noon. Janet G., Janet J. and I have been friends since high school and Janet J. lives in Duncan and works at U of Vic. John and I were good friends many years ago in Sarnia with Janet and her first husband, who has since passed away. Four years ago, when I was finishing my treatments for cancer the two Janets flew east and spent a week with us, what a great time we had and they were there to help me celebrate my last day of radiation, how’s that for good friends!


Janet J., Janet G and I


We haven’t seen Janet J. since October of ’05 so it was great to see her today and get caught up on our lives. We spent the afternoon doing what women do best – shopping and talking, and the guys went off and did their own thing then we all met up at Swiss Chalet for an early dinner. Being Halloween we didn’t want to be too late getting back - it was about 6:30 when we dropped Janet & Dave off.

Janet & Dave’s daughter, who lives in Victoria, was supposed to meet us also but she called this morning and said she wasn’t feeling great so was going to pass. I was sorry we didn’t get a chance to see her again. We will see Janet J. again as she is going to come for dinner on the 10th when we are in Victoria.

I have a good book so will try to finish it tonight, sure can’t use the internet so hopefully I can get on tomorrow while I’m doing laundry.

And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to another nice day tomorrow.

No comments: