Friday - December 14, 2007

Boy, what an early start to the day we had today, we met Jim and Sonia at the golf course at 7:40 a.m. The temperature was only in the high 30’s (F) and there was FROST on the grass for the first couple of holes – holy cow! I started out wearing a sweatshirt, vest and jacket but after about the 2nd hole the jacket came off, then a bit later the vest came off. I was sort of wishing I had worn a short sleeved top but at least the sweatshirt was fairly light so I wasn’t uncomfortable. They were all laughing at me with my golf sandals on but my feet weren’t cold and they have thick enough soles that they didn’t get wet from the frost either.

The deal was dine and nine so after our game we went in for breakfast and they had a buffet with muffins, bagels, biscuits etc. fresh fruit, juice, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries, coffee etc. We enjoyed the breakfast and sat and gabbed for a long time, then got to the truck and talked again for a long time so it was almost 2 when we got home.

My back was killing me so I layed down for ½ hour then had my shower and we went out to get propane. We ended up at the golf store and John bought me a new golf bag for Christmas so by the time we got to the propane place they were closed. Hopefully they will be open tomorrow but if not we can wait until Monday. When we got back we got my clubs and stuff moved to the new bag and got it set up on my cart, now I’m good to go and looking forward to trying it out on Sunday. Oh yes, tomorrow I will have to clean my clubs so they look good with the new bag!!

Somehow I think that after being up so early this morning tonight will be an early night!

No comments: