Thursday - December 13, 2007

Today was an unexciting day, very quiet. This morning I reserved a tee time for Sunday afternoon after which we will go to Red Lobster for dinner. I also reserved four seats on a bus tour to the San Diego Zoo on January 30th, we thought this might be a fun day. When I called Janet & Dave to tell them Sunday’s tee time and that I had got the zoo tour booked, I said we must be crazy, John and I will be picked up at the Sears mall at 6:30 a.m., I don’t know where they will be picked up as there is probably something closer to their park than Sears. The bus doesn’t get back until between 10-11 p.m. so it will be a long day. The SD zoo is supposed to be one of the best in the world so it should be interesting.

This afternoon we went to the Arizona Market and John got some blue rope lights to put around our patio and I got a nice stoned washed sweatshirt and another top so should be good for a while. One of the sweatshirts I bought last year is looking pretty ratty as I have worn it a lot so I decided to splurge on a new one. I also picked up a couple of books (they are all $2 at the market and they have a swap so I can take them back and get more) so that will keep me busy for a couple of days.

At the market a lady came up and asked me about my pressure sleeve, she said she had had a stroke and her arm and the whole side of her body is swollen. I said mine was from surgery for breast cancer and she said she had had that a year before her stroke but never thought of that causing her swelling. I told her that this is a well known side effect and she wanted to know where she could look into getting a sleeve so I suggested that when she gets home she contact her cancer centre and see if they can point her in the right direction to getting one. When I was doing laundry I looked in the phone book and there are three places in Yuma which advertise lymph drain massages so I will call them and see if I can get one or two as my arm has been a bit more swollen than usual since we got here, the altitude at Albuquerque and Williams did it and I can’t seem to get it back down so hopefully a couple of massages will help.

When we came back I went and did laundry and John put the rope lights around the patio and reversed the Santa Claus and Candy Cane lights on the front of the trailer as he had the good side facing in. Now we are as decorated as we are going to get for Christmas.

I started one of my new books while waiting for the laundry so guess I will be reading tonight.

No comments: