Saturday - December 15, 2007

Today was a quiet day, we had no plans and decided to just take it easy. My PD has been giving me some trouble and is not keeping a charge like it should so I am afraid it will just pack it in one day. I have been looking at them on the web but there have been no deals, then today when I was surfing I decided to check them again and lo and behold Staples had them for $100 off but they were out of stock. I then checked Best Buy and they had it at the same price, but on back order so I decided to order it and wait for them to come in. As usual I ran into a problem with the visa card and Canadian address so called the 800 number and after much waiting I finally got through and the woman said no problem she would process it for me – great. I said I would pick it up here at the store and she said it would be 3 – 4 weeks. I got a confirmation number so I could track it and then when we were finished I got an e-mail confirming the order.

About 5 minutes later I got another e-mail saying that it was in the store and ready for delivery – what is this!! I checked it through the web tracking and it said the same thing, in the store ready for pick up. I wanted to do a load of laundry so went over and did it then off we went to Best Buy, with John fully convinced it was all a mistake, but when we got there they handed it to me. It turns out they carry them in the store but I had never found them as they had them buried in office supplies (not exactly where I would look) and there was at least one in stock.

When we got home I put it on charge and now it is fully operational and I am one happy camper!!

John ordered something from Apple and we fully expected it to be delivered today but he kept checking and it was still on the truck. Finally about 7 he got the message that the address was undeliverable – what? He called Fed Ex and somehow the site number here didn’t get put on the shipping slip so that caused them to say undeliverable. Anyways, he got it straightened out and now it will be Tuesday before it is delivered – he isn’t happy and I was glad that I had said I would pick up the PD at the store rather than having it delivered.

The weather here was cool today but it sure beats home where they are expecting a very severe storm, one of the papers said the biggest storm in 10 years. I said to my daughter Kel today that maybe this is one of those that they predict but it doesn’t happen and she said that this year so far they have been pretty accurate so she isn’t going to hold her breath hoping they’re wrong. Our son-in-laws are happy to see the snow as one wants to snowmobile and the other wants the cold to stay for when ice fishing season opens. Our son is also a snowmobiler so he also won’t be complaining. All I can say is that we are glad we are here and not there!

No comments: