This morning it was quite overcast and cold and when we headed out for golf at 10:30 it was still pretty well overcast and the temperature was 50F (10C), but being the optimists that we are we wore shore sleeve shirts and our vests.

I don’t know how we manage to do this but it is fairly common, I drew an Ace so was in the first foursome off and John drew a 7 so was in the last group, makes for lots of waiting. By the time I hit the third fairway I had my vest off and was enjoying the sun so I was really glad I hadn’t worn a sweatshirt. My partner and I played pretty good, we were tied with another pair for second and third place so I told Jim he could do the putt off and he lost so we got third prize - $3.50 each!! They always have a hole where the closest to the hole wins a prize - $1.00 and I almost won. I had the money in my pocket when a woman on the last team (the one John was on) said she had been closest to the hole so I gave her the $1.00, they hadn’t marked it on their scorecard so Jim had thought I had won. Oh well, I didn’t know how I was going to spend the $1 so that saved me a real problem (hah, hah!).

On the way home we stopped at Fry’s for groceries, then Lowe’s and Wal Mart looking for Christmas decorations and blue rope lights. We got a lighted holly for the window but the rope lights are being elusive, we saw some at the market last week so will go back there on Thursday and check them out.

John is washing the truck, it has been driving him crazy to look at it since it rained and got it all dirty, so he will be happy to have that done. I thought I would get this done and posted so it is off my mind and tonight I can just relax with a book or watch TV if there is anything worthwhile on.

No comments: