Tuesday -April 22, 2008

Today was another hot, humid one but it was sunny all day. The couple beside us who are from Colorado left this morning so right now there are only three trailers left here but Betty said there are a couple more coming in tomorrow. She has 17 sites here and has been pretty full since last November so she is probably happy to see it slow down a bit.

Our Site at Betty's


I Love Her sign


Today was laundry day, there is no laundromat here at the park so I asked Cookie and Priscilla where they go and then headed out right after lunch to get it done. John stayed home as there is no use in the both of us sitting in the laundromat for an hour and half or so, actually I didn’t mind in the least as I took my book and it was really nice and cool in there so I actually felt comfortable for a while.

About 4:30 we went over for happy hour and as usual the conversation was lively and covered a lot of topics. About 6:15 Jim & Cookie, Dave & Priscilla and John and I headed out for a crawfish dinner; they all had recommended Black’s but when we got there they didn’t have any crawfish so we went to Cajun Claw and they did have them so John and I were real happy as we had been looking forward to a feast of crawfish for quite a while. Dinner was very good and it was made even better with good company. Betty had a cousin visiting and had invited her for dinner so she passed on joining us for crawfish.

Tomorrow night Betty is making gumbo for dinner and she needed smoked pork sausage for it so I said we would get that and I would make garlic bread so after dinner we went to the grocery store and got the sausage and bread. I need to pick up some more groceries tomorrow but Betty needs the sausage first thing in the morning so we figured it would be easier to get it tonight than have to run out first thing in the morning and get back with it.

It is almost bed time – where does the time go!! And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to the mystery of tomorrow.

No comments: