Monday, January 4, 2010

Yesterday (Sunday) was a pretty quiet day here on the Oregon Coast. It was a beautiful day but unfortunately I wasn’t feeling real great, I think I had the 24 hr. flu.

I laid down about noon for a ½ hour then got up and we decided to drive north to Bandon, sometimes I find that if I am not feeling great getting out and doing something, helps. Yesterday that helped a bit but not completely

We first went to Bullards Point State Park where you can see the Coquille River Light House up close – very pretty and we went down to the water where we had a good view of both the north and south jetties. There was lots of wood piled up on the beach, probably the most we have seen here on the coast. After that we stopped at the beach (presumably this is the swimming beach in the summer)there and walked down to the ocean, then drove through the state park camping area - it had some really nice sites and we think full hookups, but no wi-fi. A lot of the parks now have Yurts, for rentals – interesting.

Coquille River Lighthouse

Near South Jetty

Old Town Bandon

Beach at Bullards Beach State Park

Yurt at Bullards Point State Park

From there we went back into Bandon and stopped at a shop where we lucked out and I finally got a new sweat shirt for a decent price and picked up a few gifts for the kids.

We stopped in Old Town and wandered around a few stores that were open, but most of them were closed – we will have to go back again when more are open. From there we took the scenic route back through Bandon and stopped at a couple of Waysides for pictures.
View from Wayside

On the way back my sister called so I talked to her until we lost the connection so called her back when we got home. As soon as I got off the phone I told John he could do whatever he wanted for dinner as I wasn’t interested in eating, so I laid down on the couch and slept for about 3 hours. I woke up and went to bed and then woke up about 1 a.m feeling much better – thank goodness.

Today was mostly overcast with a couple of showers thrown in for good measure but the temperatures are pleasant so we aren’t complaining.

Other than a couple of walks around the park it was a fairly quiet day, I spent most of the afternoon reading. Once I have finished posting my blog I will return to my book.

And so ends another two great gifts of days here on the Oregon Coast and we look forward to another nice (but probably wet) day tomorrow.

No comments: