Friday - November 30, 2007

Well, today was a first for us for Yuma, it rained!! It was pretty intermittent until late this afternoon then it decided to really pour but at least it was warm so nothing to grouch about.

John wanted to get his hair cut and I wanted to get a pedicure so we headed for the mall down the road but it turns out the nail spa is a sign only, we met a woman who recommended another nail spa so after John got his hair cut we headed for the nail spa. I got my pedicure but wasn’t thrilled with it so won’t go back there again, guess I will go back to where I got my pedicures the past 2 winters even though it isn’t close to here.

After that we decided that a good way to spend a rainy afternoon was to go shopping so we went to Yuma Palms Mall. In Best Buy we ran into Doug & Judy, a couple from Guelph who are in the park we were in last year, so had quite a long chat with them. We ended not getting back home until almost 6:30 but dinner was easy as I had put some spagetti sauce in the slow cooker this morning so just had to cook the spagetti – a good wet night dinner.

It has finally stopped raining but I think they are calling for a chance of rain again tomorrow but looking at the weekend forecast it doesn’t look too pretty for anywhere in the US or Canada. I had an e-mail from my brother today who says that Environment Canada has released a report indicating that this is going to be the coldest winter in the past 15 years and you are to get more snow then normal as well, glad we are in the south for this winter and hope that those of you who aren’t retired and able to head to warmer climates enjoy your winter.

No comments: