Tuesday -November 27, 2007

Today is my younger sister’s birthday – Happy Birthday Pat – it was good chatting with you a while ago and hope you and Serita enjoy the movie.

It was quite overcast and cool this morning so we headed for golfing kind of dressed warmly and lo and behold didn’t the sun come out and it was very pleasant. My game wasn’t particularly stellar today, but my putting was okay and on the last hole I had all the shots for a par so I managed to redeem myself. The other lady on my team was a beautiful golfer and is in her 80’s, a good inspiration. We ended up with a 29 and when all was said and done there were 4 teams with a 29 so we had to do a putt off to see who won 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I was nominated to do the putting for my team so it was me and three fellas putting off and YES, I won for first prize, talk about making my day! We won $10 so I gave Jim and I each $3 and Audrey $4 as she played the best today.

On the way home we stopped at Wal Mart and I picked up a couple of groceries and John got us a small DVD player. When we got back I went for a walk and John went for his bike ride – all in all a good day. There was a trailer from Ontario when I went for my walk so I stopped for a minute to chat – they are from Perth and know a couple we know from there – small world.

After John came back from his bike ride we were sitting on the patio and he was playing with his GPS and a woman stopped and asked if we were geochachers. We said we hadn’t tried it so she said if we were interested we could go out with them sometime so it might be something interesting to try.

John has started supper and wants to watch the Tudors at 7 so another quiet end to a wonderful day.

No comments: