Saturday - December 1, 2007

Today was more like the weather we want here, a bright sunny day. This afternoon the wind came up and it cooled down but when I read about the accidents on Hwy. 400 south of Barrie due to snow and ice I will not complain about the weather here.

I had a very upsetting e-mail from our friends George & Marion this morning, their 35 year old son died last night of anaphylactic shock caused by a food allergy. Our hearts go out to them at this terrible time. Bain and his wife had just had their first child, a son, in July - life can be so cruel at times.

I went over at 12 today to do laundry and picked a good time as there was no one there when I started, a couple of ladies came in shortly after me but there were still empty machines so I am hoping meal times for most normal people will be a good time to find the laundry room quiet!

Tonight we met our friends Janet and Dave for dinner, it was great to see them again and we always have lots to talk about. After dinner they came back here for a while so it was a nice evening. They brought salmon that Dave caught in B.C. with them so have invited us for dinner next week – sounds yummy to us!

No comments: