Monday -January 28, 2008

Here we are with another nice day behind us, the sun was shining and the temperature was nice so we enjoyed the day.

I did a load of wash, the laundry was a busy place but I ended up chatting with a couple from Oakville who just arrived yesterday so that helped pass the time.

I was in desperate need of a haircut so told John that I was going to go this afternoon to get it cut, when we first got here a woman recommended Rosie at Daniel’s Barbershop and Rosie does a good job so I have stuck with her, better the devil you know! Getting your hair cut on the road is always a game of chance, sometimes you luck out and other times you don’t so when I find someone who isn’t too bad I try to stay with them. Anyways, John wanted to get his ears lowered also so we both went to Daniels.

After our cuts we did a quick stop at Wal Mart and Albertson’s, then on home. I went for a walk around the park and then came back and sat outside for a while reading, until it got too cool to be comfortable.

John barbecued chicken breasts for dinner and they were delicious. The dishes are now done, the coffee ready to put on in the morning so I am doing this and then will resume reading my book when I am done. John is making our cuppa evening tea so I will enjoy that and my book.

I just had an e-mail from Jim and Linda, the couple we met in the fall in the Gaspe, and they are coming for a visit on Feb. 11th so we are looking forward to seeing them again.

And so ends another wonderful day in our life of retirement and we are looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

No comments: