Saturday - January 26, 2008

Today was a bit of a cloudy day, there was some sun this morning but by late afternoon it had clouded over and by about 7:30 p.m. it was raining – what, rain in sunny Arizona!!

We didn’t do anything exciting today, I got the laundry done so that is another job down although tomorrow I will have to change the bed and do the sheets. There is a rule at the laundromat here that between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. you are only supposed to do two loads at a time so that is why the sheets will have to wait for another day.

My blog started out life as a daily diary which I sent to the kids to let them know where we were and what we were doing, then I started the blog and including pictures. I still do the diary and then just copy it into my blog, this allows me to send my mom, who lives in a retirement home, a copy of my diary on a weekly basis although there are no pictures in the diary. The receptionist at the front desk prints it off and gives it to her so she can also keep up to date on what we have been doing.

Anyways, I have been thinking that if somehow the blog got lost I would only have the diary part so I have been putting the pictures into my diary so that I have the whole thing on my computer. Yesterday I finished doing our trip to Newfoundland but still have three more trips to update, a good lazy days project.

There are some blogs that I follow on a daily basis and one fellow had the following on his blog the other day, I though it was cute so am putting it on mine, hope you don’t mind me copying it from you Ed.

" My Next Life." I want to live my next life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way right off the bat. Then, you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day. When you are kicked out of the nursing home for being too healthy, you spend several years enjoying your retirement and collecting benefit checks. When you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work 40 years or so, getting younger every day until pretty soon you're too young to work. So then, you go to high school, play sports, date, drink, and party. As you get even younger, you become a kid again. You go to elementary school, play, and have no responsibilities. In a few years, you become a baby and everyone runs themselves ragged keeping you happy. You spend your last nine months floating peacefully in luxury, spa-like conditions, central heating, room service on tap. (Are you ready for this?) Until finally, you finish off as an orgasm.

And so ends another wonderful day in our life or retirement.

No comments: