Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We finally got the rain that was forecast but fortunately it wasn’t a real heavy rain and by about 11 a.m. it had pretty well quit, but the whole day has been overcast with low clouds and still cold. Maybe tomorrow it will start warming up!

Today was a pretty lazy day, I decided to wash the bedding this morning so got that job done and had a nice chat with a lady from northern B.C. while doing it. When I came back the gentlemen next to us had just come out so I asked him if they had been at Del Pueblo in Yuma last winter as we thought we recognized their motor home and dog – turns out we were right. They are heading back this year again and he was saying they also got bumped from the sport they had last year but took the other choice they were given.

I had made an appointment this morning to get my hair cut this afternoon so John dropped me off to get sheared and went and got fuel and propane and he met me back at the hairdresser’s just when I was done – perfect timing.

Today seemed like a good slower cooker type of day so I put a pot roast on this morning and it is smelling yummy - should be ready in about 15 minutes. I will cook some asparagus to go with the meat, potatoes and carrots, a real easy dinner.

I am still working on the book that I started the other day and the lady I met at the laundry this morning gave me a couple of books so I have lots of reading to do –I guess you know what I will do tonight.

And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to another nice day tomorrow.

No comments: