Monday -December 17, 2007

This morning I decided that I had done the wussy bit for long enough so off to the pool I went for water aerobics. It was not too bad and I stayed on the sunny side of the pool so that made it a bit more pleasant. I quite enjoyed the exercise and was glad I had gone, now hopefully the weather will cooperate and not be too unpleasant in the morning. Today there was no wind and that makes a big difference.

This afternoon we went out for fuel and propane, yesterday I got the address and zip code of Superfuels from Janet & Dave (the cheapest diesel & propane in Yuma) so I programmed it into Alice to try to find where this cheap place is. The first problem was that the street number Janet gave me wasn’t recognized by Alice, oh well, I figured if I put in a false one that falls into her range it should be close enough. Well, it took us to a dead end street but fortunately I could see the gas station across a field, so we finally did get there and got fuel and propane.

From there we went to J. C. Penney, I had seen on the internet that they had electric blankets on for ½ price so it seemed like a good time to get a new one. The one we have now is fine on John’s side but the contact on my side is so loose that it keeps coming apart on me and then of course it doesn’t work. I will put the new one on tomorrow morning and hopefully it will end my frustration with the one we have. From there it was to Wal Mart and Fry’s to get groceries, I got a turkey today so had a great time trying to fit it into the freezer when we got home, but I did manage to get it in. Fry’s had butter for $0.99/lb with a limit of 2 per person so I got 2 and tomorrow I will probably stop and pick up a couple more as you sure can’t go wrong at that price. Once the turkey comes out of the freezer the butter can go in!

I put a roast in the slow cooker this morning and it is smelling yummy, time to eat and then have a quiet evening.

I am sure tomorrow will be another wonderful day, and we are just so thankful we are here in the sunny, warm south and not back in Ontario dealing with all the snow and cold!!

No comments: