Sunday - December 23, 2007

We are back to the cooler weather again, today the high was 61F (16C) but it was sunny and still nice enough to golf in short sleeves and a vest. Speaking of golf, my game sucked big time today, don’t know if I’m not playing enough or need to take some time off but something needs to happen to improve it! We played with a couple from Chilliwack this afternoon, they were very nice and not real great golfers so I didn’t feel too bad about my game – sure hate to play a bad game when you are playing with real good golfers!

After golf we stopped at Fry’s and picked up a few groceries so I think I am all set for Christmas dinner now. When we got home we called our daughters, they and their families were having their Christmas get together today so it was nice to talk to both of them as well as our son-in-laws. Wish we were there with them but when we hear about all the snow, then today it was raining, we are thankful we are down here where it is warmer and NO SNOW OR RAIN!!

After talking to them we went to Circuit City to pick up a router for the computers then to Red Lobster for dinner – yummy!! Now John is trying to get the router all set up so we both can use the high speed internet, we have a wireless router but they don’t want you using them in the park as it interferes with their system so John saw one on sale that wasn’t wireless so decided to pop for it. Thank goodness he knows what he is doing because I wouldn’t have a clue what to do to set up something like that, guess you have to be a bit of a techno weenie!

When we got home there was a Christmas gift bag on the doorstep, it had some candy in it and a “Jingle” and you are supposed to keep the “Jingle” on the front door, make two copies of it and two treat bags and deliver them to someone who doesn’t have a “Jingle” on their front door. Guess that will give me something to do tomorrow, I will go down to the office and see if I can get them to make me the copies rather than having to drag the printer out from under the bed.

All is now set up for both of us to use the high speed internet and it seems to be working well so here’s hoping. I will get this posted now, kind of late tonight but at least it’s done.

No comments: