Sunday - December 30, 2007

Today was another beautiful sunny day here in Yuma, the temperature is warming up and it was a very pleasant day.

We went golfing this afternoon and it was busier than it has been. There was a foursome in front of us, with three sets of clubs, does that tell you anything! They were as slow as molasses in January, I think they figured they were the only ones on the course. At one point the two women were standing in the middle of the fairway trying to decide who should hit first, I really had to control myself not to yell “will someone just hit the g#@!!!* ball”; then the one woman without clubs was forever sauntering back and forth to her husbands bag to get a club when it was her turn to hit rather than being ready to hit when it was her turn– grrrr! As far as I’m concerned this sort of behaviour on the golf course is inexcusable and these people should be given a lesson in golf etiquette. Okay, that’s my rant for today.

Today I remembered to take my camera and while we were waiting at the second and third tees I managed to get some pictures of the golf course's resident egret, roadrunner and curlews. Last week when we were there the egret had just caught a fish so we got to watch him eat it – it looked pretty gross to me but he sure seemed to enjoy it!

On the way home we stopped at Fry’s and got a steak for dinner tomorrow night and some shrimp and a bottle of Asti to have at midnight (that is if we can stay awake that long!). We came home and put the groceries away and then went to Cracker Barrel for dinner – very good and very reasonably priced.

And so ends another great day, this certainly is a wonderful, fun way to spend retirement!

No comments: