Sunday -March 9, 2008

I hate to be repetitive but today was another gorgeous, sunny day with temperatures in the low 80’s (F) – sure can’t beat that for a nice day. This morning I did some cleaning etc. then got as much ready for dinner as I could, Janet & Dave were coming for dinner and it is so much easier if everything is ready before company arrives, then I can enjoy visiting.

Once I was ready I picked up my book and headed for my lawn chair and enjoyed a couple of hours of reading, I had to keep moving around as it was too hot to sit in the sun so kept searching out the shade.

We had a great visit with Janet & Dave and it was sad to say goodbye as they are heading for home (Qualicum Beach, B.C.) on Wednesday. They aren’t sure if they will be heading east this summer with the price of diesel fuel so they have booked two months back here in Yuma for next winter so hopefully we will see them one place or the other.


Janet said she was talking to her sister this morning and the flowers are coming up at home – sure can’t say that for Ontario!!! My brother and our daughter Nancy sent me pictures of the snow at home and I can’t believe how much there is, hopefully there won’t be a quick melt or the flooding will be tremendous. Our daughter Kelly and her family had problems with their well running dry last summer so on the positive side of this winter they should have lots of water this summer.

It is almost bedtime, we will watch the news then head for bed; and so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to the mystery of tomorrow.

No comments: