Saturday - April 19, 2008

Today was a beautiful day with temperatures in the high 70’s and just a very light wind, much pleasanter than the constant blowing we have had.

We headed into town as yesterday I had seen a mattress topper at Wal Mart that I thought might be good – it is 2-1/2” of foam with 1-1/2” memory foam on the top so altogether another 4”. John thought it would be okay so we got it then we went to Kroger’s where I got some fresh fruit and veggies and my yogurt, I really like Kroger’s yogurt the best.

There were a lot of people on the beach, and in the water today - with the calmer winds the water wasn’t so rough so would be okay for swimming. There were cars parked for almost a mile down the road from the pier and it was packed with people fishing, wonder if they were catching anything!

When we got back John got us hooked up so we are ready to head out in the morning. We also got the new mattress topper on the bed, looking at it I think I will need a stool to be able to get up into bed – lol!!!

I saw Jack and Pat, the couple from Newmarket with the Airstream, come in about 3:30 so invited them down for a drink. They are a great couple and we really enjoyed getting to know them, hopefully we will meet on the road again sometime!

John is barbecuing salmon for dinner and it is about time for me to do the noodles and cook some corn on the cob so I guess I will close off. Tonight will be another night of the usual – TV if there is anything on or else reading. I bought David Baldacci’s Simple Genius so think that is what I will be reading tonight. And so ends another great gift of a day and we look forward to the mystery of tomorrow.

No comments: