Sunday - February 1, 2009

Today was another gorgeous day and was pretty laid back – we didn’t do very much. When John was out for his bike ride this morning he stopped for a minute at Steve and Brenda’s and Brenda gave him a large bag of salad mix – thanks Brenda. We also talked to Nan & Kel today which I always enjoy.

I finished my book this morning – Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, it is almost 1000 pages so took a while to read but I really enjoyed it (I will bring it back for Derrick to read). I went looking for another book and only have one left, a Robert Ludlum, so will definitely have to go to the market this weekend and replenish my book supply.

This afternoon about 3:30 I headed to the Laundromat hoping it would be a good time and most people would be finished and getting ready to watch the Super Bowl, and it was good timing so I was happy as I hate it when it is real busy.

When I got back John was watching the Super Bowl so I continued reading but did watch the half time show – I wasn’t really impressed with it. Our son was in a pool and if Pittsburgh won by either 8 or 9 points he would either win all or half the pool, depending on the score but that didn’t happen – sorry Mike we were hoping you would win it.

We had had a late lunch so had a burger after the game was over. As usual, today was another great gift of a day in the sunny south and we look forward to another good day tomorrow.

No comments: